Society of Food Science & Technology was able to hold the “Capture The Taste” food photography contest from 14th November 2020 to 2nd December 2020 successfully. For the time being, people were stayed in their houses due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation all around the island so this was suitable for the time and it was a very enjoyable and competitive one in which everyone can participate. This was held under two main categories as “Captures of Culinary Arts” and “Capture of Culinary Arts” and 12 winners were selected. The 6 winners were selected as the best photographs by the expert judge board and the other 6 winners were selected as the most popular photographs through society’s Facebook page. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you very much for all the participants and everyone who supported to succeed this competition and special thanks go to the honorable judge board for their great work.
Best photograph – Capture of Culinary Arts
- Winner – Pasindu Suraj,
- 1st runner up – Aktharie Mehnaazs
- 2nd runner up – Mathusha Pathmanathan.
Best photograph – Capture of Fresh Finds
- Winner – Aktharie Mehnaaz
- 1st runner up – Kavindi Katukithula
- 2nd runner up – Tharuka Jayampathi.
Most popular photograph – Capture of Culinary Arts
- Winner – Christina Shehani
- 1st runner up – Christina Shehani
- 2nd runner up – Tharindu Priyadarshana
Most popular photograph – Capture of Fresh Finds
- Winner – R.Paranitharan
- 1st runner up – L.L.D.S. Lokuge
- 2nd runner up – Piyumi Anushka
Society of Food Science and Technology
Wayamba University of Sri Lanka